The Practice Nurse Development Team provides support to General Practices in Liverpool as follows:
- The management and monitoring of long term conditions
- Immunisations and vaccinations to adults and children (Childhood Immunisation Programme)
- Cervical Sampling and contraception advice
- Mentor new nurse and health care assistants via a bespoke mentorship pack
- Cytology mentors for the nurse and GP registrars who have recently completed the sample taker course via LWH
- Peer Support to nurses in general practice.
The team are based at Mossley Hill Hospital, Park Avenue, L18 and can be contacted on: 07770 347 060.
Community Nurses in Mersey Care