Our district nurses work seven days a week, 365 days a year and are accessible 24 hours a day providing care to vulnerable and housebound people within their own home or home environment. Each GP practice has an identified District Nursing team.
The Sefton district nurses:
- Manage and deliver care to patients with complex health needs
- Support and advice to patients and their carers in relation to their ongoing treatment
- Wound management including leg ulcers
- Palliative care for the terminally ill and care of the dying
- Bereavement support
- Health promotion for individuals, carers and communities
- Referral to other services if required via Virtual Ward, e.g.Social Services, Occupational Therapy
- District Nursing Services, Nights -This is a continuation of the District Night Nursing Service provided during the day
Access to the service can be made through your General Practitioner (GP). Patients need to be over the age of five and have clear needs for skilled nursing intervention.
- If you're a GP or healthcare professional in Sefton and you'd like to refer a patient into our service, please download the referral form from our GPs and Referrers page HERE.
- If you're a GP or healthcare professional in Liverpool and you'd like to refer a patient into our service, please download the referral form from our GPs and Referrers page