This service has started a phased reopening – for updated service information click here.
Arrangements for Mersey Care Community Dental Service patients, Knowsley Orthodontics patients, Vauxhall Personal Dental Service and River Alt Personal Dental Service patients
- A helpful guide to your next dental visit - What to expect from your dental practice
- What can your NHS dentist do for you?
In Hours Mersey Care Dental Service Provision : Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
We are working on a phased return to providing Dental Care for patients within our service and as such, the provision will be limited compared to what you may have previously accessed. Attendance at all of our clinics is strictly by prior appointment only.
If you are in pain or in need of support or advice then please use the following contact details:
- River Alt Personal Dental Service - 0151 244 3250
- Vauxhall Personal Dental Service - 0151 295 3770
- Bootle Community Dental Service - 0151 247 6044
- Everton Road Community Dental Service - 0151 300 8222
- Knowsley Orthodontic Service - 0151 244 4469
- Maghull Community Dental Service - 0151 247 6816
- Nutgrove Villa Community Dental Service - 0151 244 4469
- Old Swan Community Dental Service - 0151 295 8634
- Riverside Community Dental Service - 0151 285 4590
- Southport Community Dental Service - 01704 385 040
- St Chads Community Dental Service - 0151 244 3026
These numbers are operational Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 5.00pm
You will be assessed and provided with advice over the phone which may include a video consultation with a dentist. If you are required to attend a dental clinic, you will be provided with instructions prior to your attendance at the clinic. Procedures have been put in place in all of our sites to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Out of hour’s dental provision
For any problems that occur out of the opening hours and over the weekend or Bank Holidays please contact:
- Out of hours dental advice line: 0161 476 9651
If at any time you develop any of the following symptoms you should seek urgent medical advice from NHS 111 or from your nearest A & E department:
- Severe swelling
- Raised temperature
- Unexplained lethargy (tiredness)
- Overall feeling of discomfort and lack of wellbeing.
To support NHS services, it is important that you do not visit hospitals or doctors’ surgeries with dental problems unless you are advised to do so.
Advice for members of the public not registered with a dentist
If you are not registered with a dentist, please visit the following website: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-dentist
Urgent dental care for members of the public not registered with a dentist can accessed via the helpline between the hours of 9am to 9.30pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Cheshire and Merseyside helpline: 0161 476 9651