The Abacus Test and Go service allows patients with no symptoms to have a sexual health screen. We test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV, providing results within two weeks.
The TAG service is available:
- Monday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
- Friday 10am to 4pm
- Saturday 11am to 4pm.
Patients decide if the service is for them and are fast tracked. If any of the situations below applies you are not suitable for the Test and Go service and you will be referred back into the main Abacus clinic, where you will be seen by a nurse.
- You are under 16
- You have any questions or concerns about symptoms or signs
- You had sex with somebody known to have Chlamydia /Gonorrhoea/Syphilis or HIV
- You are a gay or bisexual man
- You are a woman who has had sex with a gay or bisexual man
- You have been or think you may have been sexually assaulted
- You are a sex worker or work in the adult film industry
- You have injected drugs (now or in the past) or have had sex with someone who injects drugs (now or in the past)
- You have had sex with a person from where HIV is more common - Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe or South America.
You cannot use this service if you have any symptoms, including:
- Vaginal discharge/discharge from the penis
- Pain/swelling in one or both testicles
- Pain or discomfort on passing urine
- Lumps, warts, ulcers, blisters sores or a rash in your genital area
- Lower abdominal or experiencing pain during sex
- Bleeding - after sex or between your periods.