Click here for Mersey Care 24/7 helpline contact details - online and phone psychological support.
This page provides information for professionals only, if you are under the care of Mersey Care and need to speak to someone urgently or out of hours please call your mental health team or our switchboard on 0151 473 0303 who will be able to assist you.
You can find out more about our services on the following pages:
To make a referral
COVID-19 EMERGENCY MENTAL HEALTH 24/7 HELPLINE 0151 296 7200
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to divert people away from the already stretched emergency services. We’ve centralised resources to support mental health assessments across various sites away from A&E. This is now supported by an urgent/emergency referral pathway for emergency services and service users through a single contact number to access mental health services (in line with NHSE guidance).
Mersey Care’s 24 hour helpline enables people with urgent mental health needs to receive support. The service offers:
- 24/7 access to mental health support services
- opportunity for service users to receive urgent mental health support who would normally have attended A&E departments
- 24/7 contact line for emergency services that will divert mental health activity away from A&E departments
- 24/7 contact line for primary care colleagues for urgent/emergency referrals for mental health assessments.
Who should use the helpline?
- Merseyside Police
- British Transport Police
- North West Ambulance Service
- Any other professional.
Please call the helpline on 0151 296 7200 prior to taking someone to a place of safety.