Help us prevent healthcare associated infection
You and your visitors play an important part in helping to prevent the spread of infection.
Please ensure you and your visitors:
- Wash your hands or use the hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the ward/site
- Follow any infection prevention and control signs in our buildings and do not wander into any other rooms.
- Wear any protective clothing, such as aprons, if advised by the nursing staff
- Use the chairs available and discourage visitors from sitting on your bed.
What to do if you have any concerns about infection prevention and control
We work hard to prevent and control infection. This includes training staff and having procedures for them to follow, keeping our hospitals clean and carrying out audits and spot checks to ensure that things are being done properly.
We welcome your feedback and act on it. If you have any concerns please speak to
- The person in charge of the ward/department
- A matron
- Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) on 0151 471 2377 or 0800 328 2941 or email: PALS@merseycare.nhs.uk
- The Infection Prevention and Control Team on 0151 471 2635
Infection Prevention and Control Team contact details can be found here.