Our podiatry service treats and manages foot complications related to diabetes and other disorders that may affect the feet; arthritic conditions and those that affect circulation, nervous and musculo-skeletal systems.
Qualified podiatrists supported by podiatry assistants offer a service to adults and children at community venues and in patients own homes, residential and care homes.
Podiatry includes the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the lower limbs.
• Self-care advice
• Footwear assessment and advice
• The management of foot ulceration
• Nail surgery (removal of part or the whole nail)
• Vascular and neurological assessment of the lower limbs
• Management of nail and skin conditions affecting the feet eg corn and callus reduction
• Gait assessment, prescription and manufacture of orthoses (insoles)
• Wound care
• Falls and rehabilitation podiatry.
Download the South Sefton Podiatry Service leaflet HERE.
If you live in Sefton and want an assessment please download the Sefton residents podiatry application form HERE, complete it and return it to your local health centre.
The full list of sites where this service is available is included in the application form.