Who we are
- Mersey Care has two community learning disability teams, one based in Liverpool and one in Sefton
- Our Learning Disability community teams work with adults (18+ years) with a learning disability and health needs who require specialist input in the community
- We work with people in their home and where an individual prefers (college, work etc)
- We also work with people at the team bases
- We use person centred approaches to meet people's health needs
- We work in different ways. For example: this could be prompting and facilitating access to health care such as hospitals or we might help work with other professionals' to adapt what they do to meet the person's needs
- Our learning disability community teams are passionate about what we do. We pride ourselves of being person centred with human rights at the centre of everything we do.
- We are happy to joint work to meet the health and social care needs of the people who use our services
- We also adapt 'mainstream' programmes so they are suitable for people who have a learning disability
- we share our skills with others through conference presentations, university teaching, offering learning disabilities training to other staff and organisations and developing students on placement.
Our teams are based in:
Sefton Learning Disabilities Community Team
The Hesketh Centre,
51-53 Albert Road,
Tel: 01704 383030/3114
Find out more about Sefton team here.
Liverpool Learning Disabilities Community Team
Mersey Care NHS Trust Community Hub
Telephone: 0151 737 4800
Find out more about Liverpool team here.